Monday, May 2, 2011

How can I motivate myself to exercise.

Looking back over the past year, I've really wondered why I have not lost much weight.  I have gained happiness but not a whole lot to weight.  I no longer use food for emotional reason so why am I still so big?.  My little cousin listens to me as I talk about my weight loss and said in a whisper of  a voice.  Joy Joy, I don't think it's all about the calories your eating, maybe its because you don't move enough.  She added, I don't want to hurt your feelings but I only see you watching the television.   I started to explain,  "No No I ride my bike" then I paused, "every blue moon".  She was right, I talk a good game, so why don't I put my money where my mouth is.  So today I listed all the reasons why I don't exercise. When I started to think about it I realized, I'm just to lazy to exercise.  I want to stay in bed until I only have enough time to get ready for work and rush out  the door so that I won't be late .  Deep down I thought, exercise doesn't really work but it does make me feel better.  Then I thought, how do you know it doesn't work if you really don't give it a chance to work.  I usually start out and put all effort into it then the next day, my knees hurt so I start saying my body shouldn't feel this bad.  Then I quit and continue counting calories.

I decided to set a goal for exercising.  I will get up at 6:30am and ride the bike for 10 minutes.  Then at 7:00 pm I will ride it again for 10 more minutes and will continue for the next 7 days.  Small steps first. I will put my practice makes perfect in place and practice keeping my word to myself. Lets see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment