Sunday, June 26, 2011

Diets don't work concept

After it is all said and done, I have returned to the Diets don't work concept.  I counted calories and it worked for about 5 pound over a 3 or 4 month period and it gave me some perspective on how I was eating but I decided to go back and explore the concept of eating when hungry and stopping when no longer hungry  anymore. The calorie counting did help me go from 3400 calories a day to about 2000 calories naturally so I guess it was a really good thing that added to journey.    I want to rid myself of always thinking about eating.  I've have discovered that emotional eating is just that emotional eating.  You are always going to have emotions I just need to learn how to deal with them.  I've learned the only way to stop eating your emotions is to feel them not run from them by stuffing my face with pasta and donuts.  (thou, I do love a good doughnut).  When you feel your emotions with out food the emotions just calm down and now you can deal with the issue at hand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment