Sunday, July 3, 2011

Eat when hungry and stop when you are no longer hungry any more

Back to the drawing board, no more diets.  I have been slipping back into the diet mentality by counting calories.  I have slipped back into eating "diet foods", " the right foods".  I was talking with a friend, Ms L who is a small woman.  She came to my office to share her fried shrimp with me because she could not eat all of them.  She said I can only eat 3 or 4 of them and would be full.  That statement alone resonated with me because I started thinking about the eat when hungry concept.  She ate the shrimp enjoying every bite and when she was full I asked her why is she stopping and she responded the next one won't have any taste to it and I feel content.   I went back to the journey I started over a year and a half ago.  The reason I keep trying it is, I feel better and it sounds so logical and natural that I can't help to be drawn back to eat when hungry and stop when I am no longer hungry any more.
321.2

No comments:

Post a Comment