Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Treat failure as a learning experience

 I have not been drinking my water again.  For some reason I forget to drink it.  I expected to lose 5 lbs but instead, I am back up to 328.0 today.  I will try again to drink plenty of water and eat only when hungry and look at the calories again.  There was a time in the past that I would have beaten myself up for the rest of the day and start a new diet tomorrow.   This is a learning experience for me.  I wrote Evelyn Tribole from the book intuitive eating  as shown in the margins and asked how long does this take to become an intuitive eater and she did respond that if you have dieted for a long time it may take a while.  I still will not diet because I feel really good.  I am posting this because I know the weight will come off and want to reflect back if needed to my old post for this journey.

Florence Scovel  Shinn is a a writer from the past.  I found her book in my dads library of  books he no longer reads.   She provided quotes through out her book of affirmations.

Every great work, every big accomplishment, has been brought into manifestation through holding to the vision, and often just before the big achievement, comes apparent failure and discouragement.   

Giving opens the way for receiving.

Intuition is a spiritual faculty and does not explain, but simply points the way.

No man is a success in business unless he loves his work.

The game of life is a game of boomerangs.  Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later with astounding accuracy.

There is a supply for  every demand.

You will be a failure, until you impress the subconscious with the conviction you are a success.  This is done by making an affirmation with "clicks"

328.1

all from Florence Scovel Shinn

No comments:

Post a Comment