Sunday, December 6, 2009

Diets bite

It has taken me years to realize diets don't work. I have been obsessed with my body image for so long that when this sensible way of eating came to me it sounded to simple. I shared the idea with some co workers and they thought it sounded so absurd. I know everything about diets, how to count calories, fat grams, fiber grams, protein, carbs, and so on and so on and so on. All that dieting has made me fat and it hurts every time I find a new diet that I do to a "T" and I still make food the enemy, I can't have this or I can't have that. Its all madness. My life span with dieting gets shorter and shorter with each diet. Now I eat what I want when I'm hungry and I am starting to lose weight naturally. I wait for hunger, and when it comes I welcome it. I set my plate and savor each bite and stop when I am not hunger any more. I don't eat until I feel that full feeling. If I get to full I usually get sleepy. If I stop right before felling full, I tend to have more energy. I had gotten to the point where cleaning up was a big chore. Now I have enough energy to exercise somewhat. What do you think about this? Any comments

No comments:

Post a Comment