Sunday, January 31, 2010

You really got a hold of me

A lot of people are afraid to try eating with their natural basis instinct, I mentioned it to a friend of mine and she said I was crazy and that I would end up gaining a whole lot of weight. She thought it was such an absurd idea to eat when you were hungry. I wondered why she wouldn’t try to eat when her body told her to. She stumped off mad because I told her I was doing such a thing. The whole diet industry has changed the way a person thinks. They say eat all meats this year, and eat all carbs next year or eat low fat, or eat low carbs and you’ll lose 10 pounds in a week. We manage to try every attempt to lose weight except by listening to our own bodies. When I first started, I was afraid to eat exactly what I wanted which was cheese fries and a mountain dew. The only problem was back then I didn’t know when I was full. It just so happened I only ordered a servings size of fries because I was afraid to over eat. My next meal was fried fish with tartar sauce with fries. I couldn’t really stop eating this combo until I was stuffed. I vowed the next meal I eat, I will stop in the middle of the meal and evaluate my level of hunger and stop right before full and it worked. Now I stop half way through and check in with myself and put the rest up for later. I realize I love fried fish and ordered it for a few days then I got tired of it, the next time I ate it, it wasn’t quite as good as I remember.
It is a process because after you eat fried fish for a few days, you no longer want it. I had to make a list of all the foods I wanted and I allowed myself to eat from the list until I had no more chooses but the catch was I was only to eat when I was hungry and stop right before feeling full. It really didn’t have the same hold as it did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment