Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

2009 came and went. I expect 2010 to be your best year ever as we go through this journey together. I'll be posting more information as I challenge myself to walk the walk getting thin. I have lost a total of 16 pounds since November 15th and have been practicing having my cake and eating it to. Last night I had Beggars Pizza with sausage and cheese with a little guilt. I know I can eat what I want but the old expert dieter reared its ugly head and says, "You know that is a forbidden food," When eating when hungry you can eat what you desire. In reality I only ate 2 squares of pizza and I was full so I stopped. I toasted the New Year in with my children and husband with Welsh's Sparkling grape juice. There was a time I would have hid the bottle and drank it by myself. As I woke up this morning I realize I need to deal with the guilt when eating the so called forbidden foods. I need to realize I have never lost this much weight eating foods that I love. In my house, when we order Beggars Pizza we usually do not have any left overs but this morning there were 4 pieces left. I think my family may be unconsciously joining in on my program.

When I used to diet I had so many rules that would not allow me to eat certain foods. I would start off on the New Year with a resolution of eating certain foods to loose weight and by the end of the day I would have cheated on a piece of cake or something and beat myself up for messing up for not being strong enough to stick to a diet. And since I made this big messed up I'd damn near eat the rest of the cake. Slice by slice, guilt thought by guilty thought beating myself up for being so weak. That little guilty thing got into my head last night and my husband said, "You really didn't eat that much and you said you were full." There it was again, I had forgotten the plan to eat when I'm hungry, savor the flavor and stop right before full. Today I am reminded to have my cake and eat it to, if I desire it when hungry. Yum cake does sound good, anybody know how to make an Atomic cake, my mom used to make it when I was a kid. It was chocolate cake with whipped cream, strawberries and some other ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment